Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 52: Sunday Dec 9 ~ Bean & Lentil Loaf ~ Mashed Potatoes ~ Steamed Greens ~

~ Bean & Lentil Loaf ~ Mashed Potatoes ~ Steamed Greens ~

This Bean & Lentil Loaf recipe came from my dear friend Sarah. I've been meaning to make this ever since she posted it - it looked so yummy, I just had to give it a try! Today was the first day I've actually had totally 'off' from obligations in I can't remember when so I decided to actually cook something. I'll admit though that I forgot to soak the dry lentils (didn't have canned), so we decided to devour the potatoes and greens while the loaf cooks - it smells delicious, and I'm excited to bring it for lunch tomorrow! :)

Bean & Lentil Loaf
http://vegan-magic.blogspot.com/2012/06/bean-and-lentil-loaf-low-fat-gluten.html
skipped the oil - a pinch of salt will release the juices from the onion

Mashed Potatoes - Steamed Greens
You can't have 'meat'loaf without mashed potatoes ('normal' way except used soy milk v. regular, and skipped the butter). Greens are good to include in any meal. Steam 4 minutes in the microwave by adding up to 1/4 cup water to 3 cups greens, lift corner of lid up just a bit on the 'glad' - or like I did tonight, use the skillet, then top with lemon juice and a sprinkle of garlic salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment