Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day 2: Saturday Sept. 29

DIY Pasta Dish


This is from an Engine 2 challenge going on this weekend - there was a list of recipes to make in 10 minutes, this one sounded good to us. :)

Whole Grain Rotelle Pasta
Saute: onion, peppers (we used green and red), zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms.
The recipe also called for broccoli - but unfortunately ours had gone bad! Well, eating in more often may stop this habit as welll! :)
That's all it called for - easy! :) I just cut the stuff, put it in the pan - start with the onions with a pinch of salt and you can avoid using Pam spray. The salt draws the liquid out of the onions. Once it's all in there, cover, let it simmer med. heat about 10 minutes. Good. :)

I just added a little Bragg's Liquid Aminos on top to add in some more protein (tastes like soy sauce) while cooking. Jesse topped his with crushed red pepper, and I used nutritional yeast (parmesan cheese substitute, provides B12/other nutrients).
I was thinking it might be good with some parsley added - fresh parsley at the end would look pretty. If anyone tries it and puts in other spices - let me know what works! :)

Reminds me of Ghalaba, this dish we get from La Oasis down the street. I'll have to look up how this is made, perhaps I can alter the remaining amount? Keep you posted on that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment