Monday, June 29, 2015

Day 3: Monday, 6/29 ~ Josh's Indian Dish ~

Day 3: Monday, 6/29
~ Josh's Indian Dish ~

     Alright everyone. Sit down. We need to talk. This is Jesse, filling in for Liv today because I think we need some real talk here for a minute. 
     Some of you disappoint me. I'm not telling you this to be mean. I'm telling you this as a concerned party who is only interested in your own good. I won't single anyone out. I'm not trying to embarrass anybody. I'll just say that you know who you are and leave it at that.
     "I can't cook." "I wish I knew how to cook." "Some lame, dumb excuse." Naw. NAW. You throw a bunch of stuff in a bowl and heat it up through various means and there. You cooked. We're not trying to ward Gargamel away from or hidden village or anything, we're heating stuff up, chewing it, and digesting it. For crying out loud, gang. 
     The only issue you have to face is what stuff are you going to throw into the bowl. Here's a list of stuff that goes well together. I got this recipe from a friend- let's call him "Josh". Below you'll find the recipe as "Josh" gave it to me. Scroll down further if you want to see how I altered it. It's fine as is, but I had to alter it on principle because you aren't the boss of me.
Josh's Indian Dish
1 large or 2 small onions
1/2 - 1 tsp Tumeric
1/2 - 1 tsp Ground Corriander
1/2 - 1 tsp Ground Cumin
1/4 - 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1 - 2 large carrots
1 head of broccoli
1/4 - 1/2 head of cauliflower
4 tsps vegetable/canola oil
1 tsp salt

1. Heat oil and put in cut onions. Cook low until onions soften. 
2. Put in spices (mix first, excluding Garam Masala). Simmer 3-5 minutes. 
3. Put in 2/3 cup of water. 
4. Put in vegetables. 
5. Stir and cook low (check every 10-15 minutes dpending on how many vegetables you used).
6. Put in Garam Masala and Mix. Let cook another 3-5 minutes. 
7. Remove from heat and eat!

***Jesse's Amazing Customization***
I added diced tomatoes (one large can- see you don't even have to chop them 'maters yourself, slob)
1 can of chickpeas. Or, if you prefer, garbanzo beans.
3 small to medium sized potatoes. Because we had them and they started growing tentacles and horrid starburst eyeball things.
OH YEAH - you should probably pre-bake or boil the potatoes. They came out a little more firm than I'd like. That was on me and I'm sorry.

We used water instead of oil because we're not chumps.
We served over brown rice. I don't know what brand it was, it came from a bulk food store a long time ago. You can use white rice if you feel you have to be like that. It won't bother me. I'm not the rice police or anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment