Thursday, July 9, 2015

Day 13: Thurs, July 9th ~ Potato in Coconut Gravy ~

Day 13: Thurs, July 9th 
~ Potato in Coconut Gravy ~

I got Tamarind Concentrate a few years ago during our summer of Indian food. I never opened it. Not knowing what it is supposed to smell like - I opted on the side of safety and made a substitute. Equal parts lemon juice and brown sugar. I think my tamarind was actually okay...ah, well... :)

I also had some discrepancies with the spices. I did not have curry leaves. Found out that curry powder is in  no way related to curry leaves, but added some anyway. Also, I desperately need a mortar and pestle. I attempted to create a paste as described in my food processor, but now I just have uniformly sized chunks of things floating around my potatoes. I am putting this on my wish list!




I love Manjula's Kitchen. She just has a kind spirit about her, and her recipes always look scrumptious. Here's this one: http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/2012/08/08/potato-in-coconut-gravy/

No comments:

Post a Comment