Monday, July 20, 2015

Day 24: Monday, July 20th ~ Twofer: Burritos & Thai Mango Curry ~

Day 24: Monday, July 20th

 ~ Twofer: Burritos & Thai Mango Curry ~

Well, I was lucky enough to have today off. Since I had that time, you get 2 of our meals today. :)
For lunch - whipped up some quick burritos. Had leftover rice, beans, and peppers. Put all of that in a skillet with a bit of water and taco seasoning. Wrapped it up with a small sprinkling of cheese and taco sauce. Yum!



Dinner - Thai Mango Curry from Happy Herbivore Abroad. I LOVE curry, and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I LOVE coconut milk. With our typical green curry, we put the whole can of coconut milk in. This recipe only calls for 1/2 cup. It seems to be more than enough, and gives the same effect. Something to keep in mind for the future!
I did not find the recipe online already, and am a little leery of just scanning it in. If anyone's interested, just let me know and I'll forward it to you.


So - I mentioned that today you get 2 of our meals, and you might wonder what we do the rest of the time. I don't bother sharing it, because it can get pretty repetitious. Breakfast is usually oatmeal, farina, or peanut butter toast. Lunch is often leftovers, a salad, or a grouping of things like boiled eggs, hummus/veggies, bread, and fruit. It just seems too much work to have a varied diet during the weekday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment