Saturday, July 11, 2015

Day 15: Sat, July 11th ~ Aztec Corn Soup & Savory Glazed Carrots ~

Day 15: Sat, July 11th 
~ Aztec Corn Soup & Savory Glazed Carrots ~

Today was a Happy Herbivore kind of day. The pad thai from last night reminded me of one of her dishes, and I had to explore the recipes a bit. 

Summer is in full swing, and I am craving corn!! I cannot wait until Blocks opens up. In the meantime, this dish looked appealing and we had all of the components. 
It turned out to be something that I'm adding to my comfort food list. Very delicious and filling. 



http://www.collegiatevegan.com/post/12575060337/aztec-corn-soup-adapted-from-the-happy
The original recipe in The Happy Herbivore called for maple syrup instead of agave, any kind of plant milk, and recommended serving with hot sauce. Just the smell of hot sauce from across the room makes me nauseous, but I did try some with Sriracha, and it was excellent. 

I also made Savory Glazed Carrots from Happy Herbivore Abroad. The crazy thing is that I put the soup together in the time that it took the carrots to soften. I am not a patient cook. :)
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2416993


Oh....and guess what? We're 1/6 of the way through our challenge! 


No comments:

Post a Comment