Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 12: Tuesday, Oct 9th

Jesse's Peppery Red Spaghetti with Red Peppers


Hiya, Foodsters. Citing some lame excuse like "Home-Work" or whatever, Liv left dinner up to me. I didn't know where the kitchen was, so I shook a baggie of cat treats (New Crispy Friskies- milk flavor) and followed the cats who sprung into action at the sound of food. They led me to the kitchen.

First, I made some boiling water. Then I added Whole Wheat Spaghetti Noodles to the water and heat mixture. Gordon Food Service noodles, if you need to know.
 While the water/noodle situation was working itself out, I sauteéd some red peppers in a thin layer of water. Cooking spray is for sissies and worry warts. I gave it a generous dusting of crushed red pepper seeds. At this point, the whole ensamble looked a little something like this:
Actually, it looked EXACTLY like that, because it is a photograph I took of it all.
Next, I decided to open a can of crushed fire roasted tomatoes, and dump in in my red peppers. I let that heat up for a little while. Soon, the noodles had reached the desired level of softness.
Here's where stuff gets crazy.
I strained the water from the noodles. I strained the excess liquid from the peppers and tomato mixture. I put the noodles in the peppers. The burner was still on, by the way. Then I took some Prego spaghetti sauce. Ragu or store brand would have been fine as well. Heck, even one of those expensive brands with the tan labels that usually have some kind of map-like decor in the background would work- if you think you need to impress someone.
 I put just enough sauce in so that all the noodles could be covered in tomatoey flavor. That way you don't run out of cooked noodles while half a dang pot of warm sauce sits all forlorn on the burner. The result looked thusly:

No comments:

Post a Comment