Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 14: Thursday Oct 11

Jeff Novick's Fast Food Burger ~ Homemade Potato Chips

Sorry for posting late! And our original picture is at home so I'm just including the promo here. Mine actually was prettier! I'll have to post later I suppose. :)


Jeff Novick, MS, RD The Fast Food Burger Recipe:
- 1 Can Kidney Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 1/2 Cup Regular Oats, Dry
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Brown Rice

- 2 TB Canned Tomatoes
- Spice of choice

Mash Kidney Beans by hand. Mix together all other ingredients. Divide into 4 or 5 equal size portions. Shape into patties. Let set in refridgerator. Grill on each side till golden brown.



I like these - compared to some other bean burger recipes I"ve had, these are much more sturdy and not dry at all! We cooked in a skillet, and topped with regular 'hamburger' condiments.

Jeff Novick's recipes are always easy and super fast. He's on facebook (where I got this recipe), or you can get this from his DVD http://www.jeffnovick.com/RD/DVDs.html. It's on our wish list - hey, maybe I can reallocate some of our not eating junk out money to treat ourselves to this later! :)

Homemade Potato Chips I'll keep you posted on these - the first time we made them, they were fantastic, and Jesse, the chip fanatic, gave a resounding stamp of approval.
This time - they seemed to not cook well.....SO, I'll clarify the technique and get back to you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment