Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 7: Thursday Oct 25 ~ Plant-Strong Pizza ~

~ Plant-Strong Pizza ~


Alrighty. Liv typed all that stuff below (See Original Version). But I made the sauce as such:
1 sweet tater, 4 sizeable carrots, dijon mustard, oats, and delicious, delicious corn starch. while blending it up, I think I added too much water. To get it back to a more solid consistancy, I added a can of garbanzos (Chick Peas in the common tongue). The addition of garbanzo made it very hummus-ey, but either way it's quite tasty. We're using pita bread for the crust and we're topping it all with leftovers from yesterday's stir fry.




From the book "Heart Healthy Pizza" by Mark Sutton.
http://www.hearthealthypizza.com/
He shared this new idea on the Engine 2 website, and it looked so yummy I had to contact him right away. He was so super nice and supportive - I decided to get the book immediately instead of putting on my 'later' list.
I believe this investment will help prevent us from being derailed by pizza cravings! He has so many ideas - we're looking forward to working through the book! :)


Original Version:
Using the following recipes from this link for the crust and sauce:
http://engine2diet.com/the-daily-beet/plant-strong-pizza-recipes-and-a-giveaway/
GLUTEN-FREE OAT FLOUR DOUGH
SWEET POTATO, OATS, CARROT, AND GREEN CHILI SAUCE
Toppings: collards, tomato slices, + Trader Joe's Mix: chopped broccoli, carrots, green cabbage, red cabbage, jicama, green bell pepper, radish, celery.





No comments:

Post a Comment