Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day 57: Friday Dec 14 ~ Thai Palace and White Christmas ~

~ Thai Palace and White Christmas ~

Well, I know we should have planned ahead on this one today, but it just escaped us. Having 2 days in a row where we are not living up to our goals is a little upsetting. But the important thing is to just get back to it. We both had a variation of red curries, all vegetables - super yummy.
 
 
Anyway - we chose to eat out at Thai Palace tonight since it is right by my work and my work is half-way to the Redford Theatre - where they were playing WHITE CHRISTMAS! YES, I got to see White Christmas on the big screen. It was such a huge treat! I have decided that White Christmas is my all-time most favorite movie ever because it combines many of my loves - Christmas and all the wonder that surrounds it, Bing Crosby, musical numbers, Rosemary Clooney, Edith Head costuming, 1940s-50s attire - it's just magical. So seeing it on the big screen was amazing, and totally different than watching it at home. When the wall falls down on 'Bob Wallace' in the beginning - at the theatre it is actually impressive and a little scary. Their costumes are gorgeous - all of the sequins really sparkle, the skirts seem a little fuller, and the feathers more feathery. And it's just nice to see these actors on the big screen - it seems 3D in a way, seems to capture them better, and it's just a totally different experience.
I love classical musicals of all sorts, but perhaps because this also includes Christmas, my enjoyment is kicked up a notch. Watching this makes me forget all that is wrong with the world - it's like a giant hug soothing my pains, making it right, and letting me believe once more that the world is a marvelous and magical place. 
 I was so happy. A big thank you to my Mom for finding this and passing it on to me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment