Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 44: Saturday Dec 1 ~ Kinda Tuna Sandwich ~

~ Kinda Tuna Sandwich ~

Alicia Silverstone brings us this sandwich. Jesse is not a tuna 'salad' kinda guy, and as the focus of this recipe is to make you think you're eating tuna because of all the 'salad' content...I thought it'd be a good one to try on my own. ;0


I opted for the bread!
Instead of the tempeh, I followed the suggestion on the 3rd comment below - just crushed up some chickpeas. This saved time, too! :) I also feel like chickpeas sometimes smell 'tuna-y'.
I also left out the onion bit - none in the house unfortunately.
And instead of veganaise I used soy yogurt just to add that creaminess.
If you're trying for a 'quick' meal - I would recommend just using canned or frozen veggie mix (versus cutting carrot, celery, adding peas, corn).

Overall - very good, and yes, it is very tuna salad sammichy! :) yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment