Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 55: Wednesday Dec 12 ~ Soft Tacos ~

~Soft Tacos~
 I made soft tacos today.  Liv has a thing about meat loaf. Be it "real" meat loaf ( you know, made out of ground up animal remains) or vegetarian meat loaf, it doesn't matter. She will eat one slice of it and then retire from the loaf. So with this tendancy in mind, I repurposed the remaining 2/3 of the meat loaf she'd made a few days ago. Here's a reminder of it:

http://freedomfromfastfood.blogspot.com/2012/12/day-52-sunday-dec-9-bean-lentil-loaf.html,

I put the load in a skillet and mushed it up. I added a generous dose of taco seasoning. I cooked that until it started to seem very dry, and I stirred in some sliced tomato hunks and a hefty splash of taco sauce.

 We're without taco shells, so I used tortillas. I scooped my taco mixture into the tortillas with more tomato chunks and some shredded lettuce to end up with:

And there it is. Vegan soft taco, just as spicy and filling as if it were stuffed with the ground remains of some animal.

I will admit, I missed having sour cream but I can live just fine without the cheese. You know the government is trying to get you addicted to cheese, right? I ain't falling for their nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment