Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day 62: Wednesday Dec 19 ~ Veggie Wraps with Homemade Hummus ~

~ Veggie Wraps with Homemade Hummus ~

 
This is what we were SUPPOSED to have yesterday! :) But anyway - today when I got home I spent 20 minutes chopping all our veggies, so now we're ahead a little bit.

Here's what we included: hummus (see below), brown rice, celery, carrot, red pepper, tomato, sweet potato, kale, lime juice, lemon pepper. Also on mine: olives, parsley, red onions.
I just took a pinch of most everything in our fridge and we rolled it up in a flour tortilla. Yum! :)



Hummus - make your own: http://vegetarian.about.com/od/hummusrecipes/r/oilfreehummus1.htm
* I made my own and froze it in yogurt cups, once solid remove from container by running 
water over the bottom and squishing until it pops out, then put in ziploc. It's good in a pinch, but it does lack a little bit in texture after freezing - so if you do this, I would recommend keeping it for a spread versus a dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment